2.21.2013

It's almost this time again....

and this guy is READY! He's our resident gardener. Today- he said & I quote, "I'm spending my allowance on weed killer." Wow! By golly, if that isn't dedication then I  don't know what is. I've got myself one very unique 8 year old boy. Now I just gotta get on the ball learning some organic gardening methods. I'm thinkin' ix-nay on the weed killer.
 
Jordan's Spring Garden will include:
 
Veggies
Lettuce
Beets
Green Beans
Cucumber
Squash
Carrots
Tomatoes
 
Herbs
Dill
Cilantro
Basil
Mint
 
Plus a few wild flowers, zinnias, & morning glory's for good measure. Hope I can keep up with my little mister & his garden.
 
P.S. I'm ordering a few spring books--  Farmer Boy (for Jordan) & Twig (for Chloe). Oh, but you have to read this sweet sweet book too. Such a favorite of ours!! 
Let the Spring fever officially begin.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love your pretty new blog! And yes, you (we) do have a very unique kiddo in Mr. J W! Can't wait to see how his garden grows ;). Oh, and I hear vinegar is a good weed killer.
    Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete