2.16.2013

Moi

 
 



 
Hi. My name is Jessica . I'm a 30 something, quickly approaching my 40's. Yikes! Sometimes I think that I'm a bit unconventional but in the end I'm not really. I'm simple. I love my amazing family, home, books, pretty yarn, music, simple dailyness, creating memories. I'm a christian, though I've flittered through a myriad of spiritual journeys & quests only to come full circle, back to my Methodist roots. My faith in my Heavenly Father has definitely carried me through some dark nights & continues to light my path. It's a comfort. I'm the mother of 3 very cool & original people. The fact that God gave me these loves of my life still blows me over with gratitude. Being a mama is the BEST thing that I've ever done. Hands down, THE BEST! I dreamt of being a mother every since I was just a little pig-tailed girl, playing with my cabbage patch dolls.I spent hours alone in my room taking care of my babies & playing "house". It was my favorite thing to do. It still is. Motherhood is even more fulfilling & (yes, more challenging at times) than I ever could have dreamed. Leah, Jordan, Chloe & I live in our little yellow cottage, in our little Texas town, with our 2 kitties (Miss Honey & Alfie) + one dog, our scruffy little love bug  (Ginger).

I've recently become a working mama/pre-nursing student. As I'm sure that you can imagine, life has taken on a whole new frantic pace. Despite the constant busy-ness, I felt like I really needed to try to capture it all somehow, I needed to capture the--now, this moment in time. I swear I can hear the tick-tock, tick-tock clock annoyingly ticking away time in my head. It freaks me out.  I'm reminded of both how quickly things change & just how precious those changes are every time that I look at my kiddo's faces growing longer, chins more defined, & legs stretching out lean & long. I don't want to blink for fear that if I blink I'll miss it. Their childhood. I'm determined not to let the beauty of this time, or the magic of their childhoods be lost in the stack of bills, or broken appliances, & final exams. This is where I remember. That's what this blog is about. Remembering the beauty of childhood, of dailyness, of commemerating the changing seasons, & celebrating it all. Celebrating the good days, the slow days, the birthdays. Celebrating life through all it's up & downs. Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment